Macallan 18 Years Old (1985) is a specific edition of Macallan 18, which is a well-known single malt scotch whisky from the Speyside region. Our research shows that it has been listed over 200 times on different whisky auction sites. With that, Macallan 18 (1985) is considered a rarely listed bottle of the secondary market. On this page, we collect all the hard-data and information that we currently have about it!
- Average latest price of a Macallan 18 Years Old (1985) bottle: £1600.00 (as of 2023-11-26)
- Annualized return: 16.82% (since 2015-06-01)
- Liquidity score: 89.71% (based on historical data there’s an ~89.71% chance that you’ll be able to sell this bottle on the secondary market at its actual market value)
Macallan 18 Years Old (1985): Price History
|Avg. latest price||Annualized return||All-Time High|
|Transactions (total)||Transactions (last 6 months):||Liquidity score|
Important qualitative insights about the Macallan 18 Years Old (1985) whiskyIs it still produced? No. (It was a special/limited edition.) (Note: this is a new datapoint in our dataset, not yet reviewed — thus sometimes it might be wrong.)
Taste: This data is not yet collected in our database. (Coming soon…)
Is Macallan 18 (1985) a good investment?
When we evaluate Macallan 18 Years Old (1985) as an investment, we look at two things mainly: its past performance (annualized return) and how easy was it to sell historically (liquidity score).
Based on these factors, we consider it as good enough but somewhat risky investment historically because:
- it had an average annualized return: 16.82%
- it was not too difficult to sell it on the secondary market: ~89.71% of the cases there was a buyer for the requested price
Is it worth to invest in a bottle of Macallan 18 Years Old (1985) right now?
We don’t know. One can never tell where the prices will be in one month, one year or 10 years… But we know how much it is worth right now:
- its latest average price was £1600.00
- which is -36.00% compared to its all time high price (which was £2500.00)
- and +342.91% compared to its all time low (which was £361.25)
Disclaimer: Please note that past performance is never guarantee of future results! The information on this page is here to help you but it is not investment advice nor personal financial advice. Investing in any asset class is risky, you do that at your own risk!
Other editions of this whisky
Here are a few other editions of Macallan 18 (1985) that we have found on the secondary market:
- Fine Oak
- 1980s Giovinetti
- Sherry Oak 2021
- 1979 Gran Reserva
- Sherry Oak 2022
- Sherry Oak 2020
Should you invest in Macallan 18 Years Old (1985) right now?
Before you invest in this bottle, you might want to check out what are the best performing and the most expensive whiskies on the secondary market right now. We have created these top lists for you:
- Best Annualized Returns (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Most Frequently Traded Whiskies (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Estimated Demand Top List (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Most Expensive Bottles (TOP 10 Whiskies)
For more info, visit Macallan brand’s website: The Macallan.2023-11-26T23:17:43