Macallan Edition No. 2 is the second release of the famous Macallan Edition series. Of course, just by looking at its name, you might realize that it’s a limited edition whisky. It was released in 2016. The well-known distillery of Scotland added a new variation of this whiksy to the series, year by year for 6 years (No. 1 in 2015, No. 3 in 2017, No. 4 in 2018, No. 5 in 2019 and No. 6 in 2020). Macallan Edition 2 was the second of the collection.
- Average latest price of a Macallan Edition No. 2 bottle: £309.13 (as of 2023-11-26)
- Annualized return: 17.30% (since 2016-10-01)
- Liquidity score: 97.88% (based on historical data there’s an ~97.88% chance that you’ll be able to sell this bottle on the secondary market at its actual market value)
Macallan Edition No. 2: Price History
|Avg. latest price||Annualized return||All-Time High|
|Transactions (total)||Transactions (last 6 months):||Liquidity score|
Important qualitative insights about the Macallan Edition No. 2 whiskyIs it still produced? No. (Note: this is a new datapoint in our dataset, not yet reviewed — thus sometimes it might be wrong.)
Taste: This data is not yet collected in our database. (Coming soon…)
Is Macallan Edition 2 a good investment?
When we evaluate Macallan Edition No. 2 as an investment, we look at two things mainly: its past performance (annualized return) and how easy was it to sell historically (liquidity score).
Based on these factors, we consider it as a good enough investment historically because:
- it had an average annualized return: 17.30%
- it was easy to sell it on the secondary market: ~97.88% of the cases there was a buyer for the requested price
Is it worth to invest in a bottle of Macallan Edition No. 2 right now?
We don’t know. One can never tell where the prices will be in one month, one year or 10 years… But we know how much it is worth right now:
- its latest average price was £309.13
- which is -28.32% compared to its all time high price (which was £431.28)
- and +341.61% compared to its all time low (which was £70.00)
Disclaimer: Please note that past performance is never guarantee of future results! The information on this page is here to help you but it is not investment advice nor personal financial advice. Investing in any asset class is risky, you do that at your own risk!
Special editions of this whisky
Here are a few of the special editions of Macallan Edition 2 that we have found on the secondary market:
- We have not yet found any special editions of this whisky, but that does not necessarily mean they do not exist. We may update this section in the future, so please check back later. Please note that we do not list special editions with fewer than 100 transactions in the last 7 years on our website due to insufficient data.
Should you invest in Macallan Edition No. 2 right now?
Before you invest in this bottle, you might want to check out what are the best performing and the most expensive whiskies on the secondary market right now. We have created these top lists for you:
- Best Annualized Returns (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Most Frequently Traded Whiskies (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Estimated Demand Top List (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Most Expensive Bottles (TOP 10 Whiskies)
For more info, visit Macallan brand’s website: The Macallan.2023-11-26T23:16:45