Port Ellen 24 Year Old (3rd Annual 1979) is a specific edition of Port Ellen 24, which is a well-known single malt scotch whisky from the Islay region. Our research shows that it has been listed over 100 times on different whisky auction sites. With that, Port Ellen 24 (3rd Annual 1979) is considered a very rarely listed yet popular bottle of the secondary market. On this page, we collect all the hard-data and information that we currently have about it!
- Average latest price of a Port Ellen 24 Year Old (3rd Annual 1979) bottle: £1187.50 (as of 2023-11-26)
- Annualized return: 5.96% (since 2015-06-01)
- Liquidity score: 91.23% (based on historical data there’s an ~91.23% chance that you’ll be able to sell this bottle on the secondary market at its actual market value)
Port Ellen 24 Year Old (3rd Annual 1979): Price History
|Avg. latest price||Annualized return||All-Time High|
|Transactions (total)||Transactions (last 6 months):||Liquidity score|
Important qualitative insights about the Port Ellen 24 Year Old (3rd Annual 1979) whiskyIs it still produced? No. (It was a special/limited edition.) (Note: this is a new datapoint in our dataset, not yet reviewed — thus sometimes it might be wrong.)
Taste: This data is not yet collected in our database. (Coming soon…)
Is Port Ellen 24 (3rd Annual 1979) a good investment?
When we evaluate Port Ellen 24 Year Old (3rd Annual 1979) as an investment, we look at two things mainly: its past performance (annualized return) and how easy was it to sell historically (liquidity score).
Based on these factors, we consider it as an average investment historically because:
- it had a below-average annualized return: 5.96%
- it was easy to sell it on the secondary market: ~91.23% of the cases there was a buyer for the requested price
Is it worth to invest in a bottle of Port Ellen 24 Year Old (3rd Annual 1979) right now?
We don’t know. One can never tell where the prices will be in one month, one year or 10 years… But we know how much it is worth right now:
- its latest average price was £1187.50
- which is -43.45% compared to its all time high price (which was £2100.00)
- and +85.55% compared to its all time low (which was £640.00)
Disclaimer: Please note that past performance is never guarantee of future results! The information on this page is here to help you but it is not investment advice nor personal financial advice. Investing in any asset class is risky, you do that at your own risk!
Other editions of this whisky
Here are a few other editions of Port Ellen 24 (3rd Annual 1979) that we have found on the secondary market:
Should you invest in Port Ellen 24 Year Old (3rd Annual 1979) right now?
Before you invest in this bottle, you might want to check out what are the best performing and the most expensive whiskies on the secondary market right now. We have created these top lists for you:
- Best Annualized Returns (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Most Frequently Traded Whiskies (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Estimated Demand Top List (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Most Expensive Bottles (TOP 10 Whiskies)
- Port Ellen 9th Annual Release 1979 30 Year Old
- Port Ellen 24 Year Old (1978 2nd)
- Yamazaki 25 Years Old
For more info, visit Port Ellen brand’s website: Port Ellen.2023-11-26T23:17:03